By IBM Redbooks, Marc Bouzigues
This IBM Redbook makes a speciality of the variations brought in AIX 5L via model 5.2 compared to AIX model 4.3.3. it truly is meant to assist procedure directors, builders, and clients comprehend those improvements and assessment capability advantages of their personal environments.AIX 5L introduces many new good points, together with Linux and process V affinity, dynamic LPAR, multipath I/O, 32- and 64-bit kernel and alertness aid, digital IP, caliber of provider improvements, superior mistakes logging, dynamic paging house relief, hot-spare disk administration, complicated Workload supervisor, JFS2 image photograph, and others. the supply of Web-based process supervisor for Linux keeps AIX's circulate in the direction of a typical, unified interface for method instruments. there are lots of different improvements to be had with AIX 5L, and you'll discover them during this redbook.For buyers who're conversant in AIX 5L model 5.1, good points which are new in AIX 5L model 5.2 are indicated by way of a model quantity (5.2.0) within the identify of the part.
Read Online or Download AIX 5L Differences Guide Version 5.2 Edition PDF
Similar unix books
Linux is gifted too frequently as an informal hacker test. It has more and more develop into not just a mission-critical a part of many companies, yet a cosmopolitan exhibit of programming ability. It accommodates many complex working method ideas and has confirmed itself super powerful and effective for quite a lot of makes use of.
For classes in Solaris, procedure management, and Certification: MCSE, MCSD, community, and different expert Certifications. Solaris is the quickest transforming into and hottest advertisement UNIX working procedure. scholars can indicates their Solaris management talents via making an attempt and reaching Solaris certification.
1. 1. Noch ein Buch über UNIX! Wo doch bereits so viele geschrieben worden sind - von der kurzen Einführung bis hin zum umfassenden Kompendium. Es gibt eine große Zahl spezieller UNIX-Themen, die eigene Bücher wert sind. Viele davon sind ebenfalls schon geschrieben. was once ist additionally das Besondere an dem vorliegenden Buch "UNIX .
For an introductory path on UNIX. UNIX for Programmers and clients, 3rd variation follows within the culture of past versions to supply scholars with whole, up to date assurance of UNIX. during this new version they are going to locate details on uncomplicated ideas, renowned utilities, shells, networking, platforms programming, internals, process management, and masses extra.
- HP Certified: HP-UX System Administration
- Advanced Unix programming (SAMS)
- Essential System Administration: Commands and File Formats (Pocket Reference)
- GTK+ Gnome Application Development
- Classic Shell Scripting
- UNIX für Systemverwalter: Eine professionelle Anleitung am Beispiel von SCO UNIX
Extra info for AIX 5L Differences Guide Version 5.2 Edition
D destination directory The prefix directory for the files being installed. The default is /usr/opt. -I description The description of the component being installed. f Requisite software. Must be specified in quotes. This flag can be used more than once. Chapter 2.
Using the new enhancement increases the accuracy with which the pthread debug library can detect hangs and deadlocks in pthreaded applications. When a pthread must wait on a pthread object (mutex, condition variable, read-write lock, and so forth), there are times when its wait/wakeup scheduling responsibilities are handled completely within the kernel as opposed to in the pthread library. In such cases, for performance reasons, the wait list associated with the object and the state of the pthread are not always updated to accurately reflect the pthread's true condition while it is waiting in the kernel.
0) in the title of the section. The team that wrote this redbook This redbook was produced by a team of specialists from around the world working at the International Technical Support Organization, Austin Center. Marc Bouzigues is the benchmarking manager at the PSSC center in Montpellier, France. His responsibilities include overseeing the pSeries benchmarking (AIX environment) for complex customer environments. He architects overall solutions to meet his customer needs while handling the project management responsibilities of the center.