By Andrew D Shaw; et al
Read or Download Acute care of the cancer patient PDF
Similar critical care books
The vintage textual content in serious care medicine!
A Doody's middle Title!
4 famous person DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This is without doubt one of the top textbooks within the box. "--Doody's overview Service
The third variation of this vintage textual content is streamlined and fascinated by the desires of the operating serious care health practitioner and lines vital new remedy techniques. prepared through organ structures, this article, the single severe care resource that comes with evidence-based studying, courses physicians from preliminary sufferer overview and differential prognosis via healing plan.
This concise quantity advises fundamental care physicians on how you can realize, overview, and deal with universal psychiatric and neurologic lawsuits in sufferers with scientific disorder. sufferers with those difficulties was spoke of experts, yet below the present procedure of wellbeing and fitness care they're more and more being evaluated and handled by means of internists and relatives practitioners.
The scientific instruction manual for Surgical serious Care, moment version covers all elements of acute and emergency deal with the severely unwell or injured sufferer who could be within the ICU and/or CCU. This re-creation is separated into chapters by means of organ platforms, and takes a glance on the serious sickness states linked to those organs.
Severe care in obstetrics is an upcoming area of expertise within the constructing international locations. This book is first of its style as there are only a few books written in this topic with the South East Asian point of view. The ebook discusses quite a few facets of serious care in obstetrics ranging from the elemental rules, body structure, ethics, tracking and association of a severe care unit.
- Reducing Mortality in the Perioperative Period
- ECLS et ECMO: Guide pratique
- Illustrative Handbook of General Surgery
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Inflammatory Demyelinating Diseases
Extra resources for Acute care of the cancer patient
The pathogenesis of cancer metastasis. Nature 1980; 283:139–146. 6. Heppner G. Tumor heterogeneity. Cancer Res 1984; 44: 2259–2265. 7. Nicolson GL. Generation of phenotypic diversity and progression in metastatic tumors. Cancer Metastasis Rev 1984; 3:25–42. 8. Killion JJ, Kollmorgen GM. Isolation of immunogenic tumor cells by cell-afﬁnity chromatography. Nature 1976; 259:674–676. 9. Kerbel RS. Implications of immunological heterogeneity in tumors. Nature 1979; 280:358–360. 10. Killion JJ. Immunotherapy with tumor subpopulations.
Protein kinases as targets for anticancer agents: from inhibitors to useful drugs. Pharmacol Ther 2002; 93:79–98. 83. Ranson M, Thatcher N. Commentary on ZD1839 (Iressa) in non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer 2003; 40:77–78. 84. Bruns CJ, Harbison MT, Davis DW, Portera CA, Tsan R, McConkey DJ, Evans DB, Abbruzzese JL, Hicklin DJ, Radinsky R. Epidermal growth factor receptor blockade with C225 plus gemcitabine results in regression of human pancreatic carcinoma growing orthotopically in nude mice by antiangiogenic mechanisms.
84) demonstrated regression of human pancreatic carcinoma growing orthotopically in nude mice by therapy with IM-C225 antibody plus gemcitabine. Although both gemcitabine and IM-C225 had activity in this model and are used as single agents, superior results, as measured by tumor burden and incidence of liver metastasis, were achieved by combination therapy. Of particular interest was the ﬁnding that apoptosis of tumor-associated endothelial cells was induced by treatment with IM-C225 (due to a coordinate downregulation of VEGF and IL-8 production of the pancreatic carcinoma cells by binding of the IM-C225 antibody).